5 Things You Can Do At EcoDairy This Fall
The summer camp kids have gone back to school, we’re getting ready to close down the ice-cream stand for the season and we’ve spend the past week de-cluttering, cleaning and organizing our lives here at EcoDairy after an incredible summer season – all thanks to each of our guests who paid us a visit.
We’re blessed here the Fraser Valley, to live and work in a place where we get to see bright hues of red, orange, yellow and green as the air starts to grow a little cooler this time of year. Fall doesn’t have to just mean that summer is over, but that another bountiful season rich in local agriculture has begun!
We’re looking forward to apple picking at Taves Family Farm, tasting new beer creations at Field House Brewing, picking the perfect pumpkin at Willow View Farms and giving the corn maze a go at Maan Farms.
While we're excited to explore locally this fall the best place to start is right here at EcoDairy. We'll be closed on Mondays now, but for the rest of the week you can enjoy:
- The Amoozing Race - Race to all 9 stations around the farm with your punch card and learn more about Canadian agriculture while you wait for your dairy barn tour.
- The Fraser Valley Sunflower Trail - Follow the chalk signs in our back field, over the bridge and to our FREE sunflower patch!
- Barn Tours & Viewing of the Hydrogreen where we grow wheat grass indoors
- The Petting Zoo - Darla the Donkey, Angel the mini horse and the sheep will be joining the goats, turkeys, pigs and calf at the petting zoo again soon.
- Enjoy the products from our farm like Hank's Grass Fed Beef, EcoDairy Milk, Vitala yoghurt, and Free Bird Eggs at Nature's Pickin's Market - among many other locally sourced goods. We suggest bringing a picnic blanket and staying a while. 🙂
The ice-cream stand will be open weekends in September (weather dependent) so you'll still have a few more opportunities to try our sweet and creamy EcoDairy vanilla ice-cream.
We've also released dates for this school year's Pro D Camps! Click here to register your kiddos for day long farm adventures with us.
We hope ya'll have an aMOOzing end to the sweet season of summer and a beautiful start to fall. See you soon!